Chilton Primary School's Eco-group consists of two representatives from each class from year 1-6, and is run jointly with Mrs Suttner and Miss Reardon. The Eco-group members are voted in by their respective classes each September and hold the position for the academic year. They attend regular Eco-group meetings, promote environmental values to their peers through assemblies and classroom talks and take part in events and trips.
So far, in the academic 2021-22 year the Eco-group have:
- taken part in the RSPB Big Birdwatch
- carried out regular litter picks in the school grounds
- collected textiles for recycling
- planted trees for the upcoming Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
- helped support and promote the Walk to School challenge.
In 2022 we hope to achieve the Eco-Schools Green Flag so the team will shortly start work on their environmental review and action plan. Watch this space for further updates!