Governors are a voluntary body of people who guide and support the strategic direction of the school. They are members of the school team and their contribution to the running of the school is highly valued.
The instrument of government states that the governing body shall consist of:
- Three parent governors (elected by parents).
- One Local Authority governor (nominated by Local Authority).
- One staff governor (elected by staff).
- One headteacher (ex officio).
- Four co-opted governors (appointed by governing body).
The Chair of Governors is Nick Booth, Vice Chair is Laura Gibson. Please see the 'Meet the Governors' page for further information.
There are no sub-committees.
The role of the governing body is a strategic one. Its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school.
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
- Be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend).